BACK TO BUSINESSES MAIN PAGE ]
The Town of Vegreville has an opening for an energetic self-motivated Finance Manager.
The Town of Vegreville is a progressive community with a population of approximately 5,700,
located in East Central Alberta approximately one hour east of the City of Edmonton.
Under the direction of the Corporate Services Director, the Finance Manager is a respected
member of an effective working team, dedicated to maintaining a good working relationship
with management and staff in all departments.
· Knowledge of PSAB Accounting Standards and the Municipal Government Act
· Three to five years of related municipal government experience in a progressively senior financial role
· CPA designation is preferred
· Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Diamond Software, Questica Budgeting software and Microsoft suite of products would be an asset
· Exceptional interpersonal skills; capable of dealing effectively with Town Council, staff and the general public
· CPA Public Sector Financial Reporting and Accounting course or equivalent an asset
· A combination of education and experience may be considered
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Town of Vegreville and related bodies and related financial presentations to Council
· Preparation and maintenance of monthly financial reporting packages
· Ensure all internal and external financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met
· Preparation of annual working paper file and draft consolidated financial statements, including relevant note disclosures for external auditors
· Any required grant applications and subsequent grant reporting
· Assist with development and preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets; calculation of mill rates; and related financial presentations to Council
· Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of all financial policies and internal controls of and for the Town of Vegreville
· Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Corporate Services Director
· Manage the daily operations of the Finance office, stressing the importance of teamwork, and ensuring the overall efficiency of the services provided by the team as a whole
· Supervision and training of administrative staff in all areas of the Finance office including taxation and assessment; accounts payable; accounts receivable; utilities; and payroll
· Receive and investigate complaints or concerns relative to the delivery of the Finance office services and ensure appropriate information is provided or appropriate action taken
· Respond to customer concerns and complaints using tact and understanding
A comprehensive employee benefit package is available.
Mail, fax, or email your resume by 12:00 Noon, Friday, February 23, 2018
Mr. Paul Casey
Corporate Services Director
Town of Vegreville
PO Box 640
Vegreville AB T9C 1R7
School Bus Driver
The Vegreville Homestead Lodge is currently looking for
Temporary Part-Time Night Shift; 12:00 am – 8:30 am. Position includes weekends.
Temporary Part-Time Evening Shift; 3:30 pm – 12:00 am. Position includes weekends.
· Willing to train
Submit resumes to:
Homestead Senior Citizens Lodge
5253 46 Avenue, Vegreville AB T9C 1P9
Or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pest Monitoring Coordinator
County of Minburn No. 27 is seeking applications for a seasonal position from
May 1 to August 31, 2018.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
Assisting the Supervisor of Agriculture Services with conducting field surveys for the following crop pests:
· Blackleg of Canola,
· Bertha Armyworm,
· Fusarium Graminearum,
· Wheat Midge,
· Clubroot of Canola,
· Keeping records of all field surveys and other Agricultural Service Board related duties.
The ideal candidate must have a valid Alberta Operator’s License and is enrolled in a post-secondary education program
An agricultural background would be an asset
Please submit resume by March 15, 2018 to:
County of Minburn No. 27
Vegreville Alberta T9C 1R6
Telephone : 780-632-2082
Weed Control Coordinator
The County of Minburn No. 27 would like to invite applications for this position.
This is a seasonal position beginning May 1 and ending August 31, 2018.
The ideal candidate must have:
Job duties will include:
Applicant should have excellent interpersonal skills and
demonstrate a keen interest in agricultural practices.
A general knowledge of equipment repair and maintenance would also be an asset.
Preference will be given but not limited to a post-secondary student
currently enrolled in an Agriculture related program.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and references to the undersigned
by March 15, 2018.
County of Minburn No. 27
Vegreville AB T9C 1R6
Elk Island Catholic Schools is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Secretary and Library Technician Positions – St. Mary’s Catholic School
Accepting applications for two positions at St. Mary’s Catholic School:
· Secretary working 13 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 12:30pm-3:00pm)
commencing as soon as possible. Please quote Competition #17/173S.
· Library Technician working 15 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 12:00pm) commencing as soon as possible. Please quote Competition #17/174S.
These positions may be combined if a suitable candidate is qualified.
Casual Educational Assistants – St. Martin’s & St. Mary’s Catholic School
Please visit website at www.eics.ab.ca for complete Job Description and further details.
Please submit resumes to email address: email@example.com
Competitions will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Equipment Service Technician
Submit resume to:
Lakeland Respiratory Consulting Services Inc.
#11, 6109 50 Ave, Vegreville AB T9C 1N6
If you find an inaccurate advertisement or would like to post something here please Contact Us.