[ BACK TO VISITORS PAGE ]
For more information about the Lamony County click on the image above.
Home of the world's largest mallard duck, Andrew is located in the northeast of Lamont County on Secondary Highway 855, and south of Highway 45. Andrew is also three km northwest of Whitford Lake which is a major flyway for waterfowl. A must see for bird watchers, especially in the spring and fall. While you are in Andrew, visit the Andrew Museum and climb aboard the caboose car. if you would like to "putter around" a little, stop by the Andrew Mini-golf for an enjoyable round of mini golf.
Telephone: (780) 365-3687 Fax: (780) 365-2061 Email: email@example.com
Visit: http://www.albertafirst.com/profiles/statspack/20495.html for more information about Andrew
Bruderheim, "Home of the Brethren" is a quiet community located on Highway 45 along the west boundary of the Lamont County. The old Walker School Building is one of their historic sites. Bruderheim hosts their annual Old Country Fair from September 5th to September 7th. The settlement of Bruderheim was established in 1894 and the town now boasts a population of 1200 plus.
Telephone: (780) 796-3731 Fax: (780) 796-3037 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit: http://www.bruderheim.org/ for more information about Bruderheim
The village of Chipman, more fondly known as "Coyote Country", is located 11 km east of Lamont on Highway 15. Prior to 1905, Chipman District was part of the North West Territories. In 1905 the Canadian National Railway was laid, a town site was surveyed and a railway station and water tower were built. The settlement and later village was named after Clarence Campbell Chipman, secretary to the Commissioner of Railways. A monument erected in the village church grounds commemorates Wasyl Eleniak, the first Ukrainian settler to arrive in the west. Chipman is home of the Edmonton Soaring Club and welcomes visitors from all across Canada to "Come Soar with Us." Chipman, a small community, is doing "big things" to become a leader in protecting the environment. The result is "Village Green", a comprehensive recycling project involving all 239 residents of the community.
Telephone: (780) 363-3982 Email: email@example.com
Visit: http://www.albertafirst.com/profiles/statspack/20515.html for more information about Chipman
"City Living, Country Style"
Telephone: (780) 895-2010 Fax: (780) 895-2595 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit: http://www.lamont.ca/ for more information about the town of Lamont
The town of Mundare is located at the junction of Highway 15 and Highway 16. A rich Ukrainian culture and history is evident throughout this small community and surrounding area. The Basilian Fathers Museum and Shrine are perfect for an afternoon visit or as an extension to a tour of the nearby Ukrainian immigrants and the traditions that aided their new lives. Mundare has a newly developed campsite, fully serviced with 25 stalls. Beaverhill Lake, just west and south of town, offers an extraordinary opportunity to view over 200 species of birds and wildlife. Mundare's Agridaze is celebrated on the third weekend in August.
Telephone: (780) 764-3929 Fax: (780) 764-2003 Email: email@example.com
Visit: http://www.mundare.ca/ for more information about Mundare
The hamlet of St. Michael originated in 1928, when the Canadian Pacific Railway made its way west from Lloydminster to Edmonton. It was named after the local church, the St. Michael Roman Catholic Church and is located in the center of Lamont County between Wostok and Star. Over the intervening years, St.. Michael has undergone many changes and now serves the surrounding area with several small businesses. We pay tribute to those early pioneers and thank them for their part in St. Michael's history.
The settlement of Wostok is south of Highway 45, a short distance west
of Andrew. The Wostok post office was established in 1899 followed by the
establishment of a number of businesses. The name "Wostok" was borrowed
from the Russian language meaning the direction "east". Theodore Nemirsky
was the first postmaster at Wostok and on July 1, 1899 the Post Office
was officially opened. In 1897 a priest and Deacon visited the area from
Seattle and conducted the first Russian Greek Orthodox Church service on